Culture Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bull fighting in spain

2 posters

Go down

bull fighting in spain Empty bullfighting

Post  daniel 25/2/2008, 17:57

Dear Cristina,

I think corrida is very intersting but also very crude...I know it is specific to the Spanish people. Can you tell me if you have ever been to a corrida?

Daniel, Romania

daniel

Back to top Go down

bull fighting in spain Empty bull fighting in spain

Post  cristina 18/2/2008, 16:24

bull fighting, la corrida, is very popular in Spain. It is said that total number of people watching bullfights in Spain reaches one million every year. So what happenens during a bullfight?
Firstly the bull is let into the ring.Then, several fighters, called Picadores, weaken the bull by placing spears into it. Now the bull is realy angry and then the matador holds a red cape in front of the bull, in his other hand he a killing sword. Then begins a macaber dance between the between the bull, getting each time angrier asnda the torero, swinging with the red cape. the torero must be very courage and brave because it's very dangerous, one wrong move and the bull can kill the torero with his horns, it's like a dance with the death.
I never going to look the bull fighting, because I don't like the killing of animals. Crying or Very sad Embarassed

cristina

Back to top Go down