Culture Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ramadan Month

2 posters

Go down

Ramadan Month Empty Interesting!

Post  daniel 12/3/2008, 21:42

Dear Gizem,

Your information is very interesting for me. How is your lent? Do you eat meat or fish because we aren't allowed to.We cannot eat cheese, eggs for example.But as in your country,not everybody keeps the lent.I, for example, don't do that.But we are not very keen on meat anyway. My mom says you don't eat pork, that it is as we eat dog meat or something not very clean for us. Is it true? I wouldn't eat camel meat for the whole gold in the world!!!
Last Saturday my mum made a pie which was very good and it was with cheese as in some Saturdays we receive the permission to eat cheese before Easter.
Thank you again and I would like to know more!
Daniel

daniel

Back to top Go down

Ramadan Month Empty Ramadan Month

Post  gizem 12/3/2008, 16:13

We celebrate Ramadan month is 30 days but in some years it is 28 or 29 days.This year Ramadan month was between 13 of september and 11 of October and we celebrated Ramadan Bairam between 12 of October and 14 of October.Why do we fast in Ramadan?Accarding to our religion we fast in Ramadan.Of course some people do not fast because everybody is free to behave as they believe.Our fast begins with the first pray of the day in the morning and ends with the fourth pray in the evening.
gizem
gizem

Back to top Go down